At any time of the year, no matter the season, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, pubs and other establishments are always in need of waiters/waitresses. If you want an opportunity to start working this September, check out some of the best vacancies in waiting below.
Most people think all a waiter or waitress does is to take orders and deliver food and beverages to the customers, but there’s more to it than meets the eye. For this position, you’ll need a series of skills to provide the best experience for customers and also guarantee your tips at the end of the day.
The restaurant and bar owners look for people who will have the patience, professionalism and personality for this role. The functions usually include greeting and serving customers, multi-tasking duties, providing detailed information on menus, collecting the bill, and other tasks.
Most of all, you must be able to perform well in sometimes crowded and fast-paced environments, which takes a lot of focus and the skill to act under pressure. If you can manage, there are currently hundreds of restaurants with job openings available for you to apply for.
Usually, waiters and waitresses attend several tasks, like advising on menu selections, serving the customers, present bills to customers, describe menu items including daily specials, greeting patrons and much more.
Depending on the restaurant or establishment, additional skills like the following might be required: clear and clean tables, trays and chairs, balance cash and record sales, provide customer service, and even being of legal age in case you need to mix and serve alcoholic beverages.
You might also find opportunities in which multi-tasking is required, like positions such as waiter/barista or waiter/food service assistant, and you should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and be standing for extended periods.
If you want to guarantee your job in this role, check out some of the latest job openings in watering we have selected for you:
- Food & Beverage Attendants (Casual) — Adelaide Region, SA
- Waiter / Waitress at Garum by Guy Grossi Marriott International, Inc. — Perth, WA
- Casual Waitress/Waiter at Toowoomba Oaks Hotels, Resorts & Suites — Toowoomba, QLD
- Wait Staff and Baristas The Coffee Club — Pimpama, QLD
- Waiter Komeyui Restaurant — Komeyui Pty Ltd Melbourne, VIC
- Restaurant Supervisors and Food & Beverage Wait Staff The Fish & Burger Co. — Doncaster East, VIC
- Food and Beverage Attendant — Westward SKYCITY — Adelaide Region, SA
- Food Service Attendant Regis Aged Care — Macleod, VIC
- Boardroom Waiter Allens — Perth, WA
- Restaurant Waiter and Waitress Jackalope Hotels — Merricks North, VIC
- Food & Beverage Attendant Wyndham Destinations — Kirra Beach, QLD
- Corbett Waiter/Waitress Comuna Cantina City — Brisbane, QLD
- Food Services Assistant Southern Cross Care (SA, NT & VIC) Inc — Klemzig, SA
To learn more about these jobs and many more, visit the job portal au.indeed.com and search for waiter/waitress on the search bar, and you will access over 1,000 jobs currently being offered across Australia. Good luck!
Source: Indeed | Images: jujucatering.com.au/ Storyblocks Video