Do you want to be a part of Australia’s most successful bakery franchise? With over 700 bakeries spread over 3 countries, the Bakers Delight chain of stores is known for its incredible flavour and excellent client service. You can learn more about how to apply for a position below.
31 years ago today, Bakers Delight was created in Australia and since then, the company has grown to be the most successful franchise of the national market, leaving a lasting print in the food chain sector and becoming a reference name.
Bakers Delight currently holds over 700 bakeries across three countries, and the company serves an estimated 2 million consumers per week, an impressive number for such a young company that has managed to grow even during the coronavirus pandemics.
As for today, the bakery franchise chain counts with outlets both locally and in Canada and New Zealand. The first store was founded in 1980 as a single bakery on Glenferrie Road, located in the Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, Victoria.
By working with Bakers Delight, you are going to be part of a global company. The enterprise entered the Canadian market in 2003, under the name COBS Bread, and now owns over 100 bakeries in 5 Canadian provinces. Although the brand also tried to enter the US market, this attempt was unsuccessful.
The differential of these bakeries? Every day, in every store, Bakers Delight bakers use authentic ingredients to bake fantastic bread. And what’s baked in a day, is sold fresh that very day.
Bakers Delight mission, as they put it themselves is to commit to: “Real Bread, Real People, Real Delight”. Impressed yet? The good news is that opportunities at the Bakers Delight are available for you right now.
Amongst the jobs, the most required role is for sales assistants, a position offered in many locations. Likewise, if you want to put your hands on the work (or the bread) itself, you can also apply for one of the baker roles. Check out some options below:
Sales Assistant – Morayfield QLD
Bakers Delight is currently hiring Sales Assistants for several of its stores. This position is ideal for people who love interacting with the public and have a friendly and cheerful disposition. Additionally, no experience is required for the role, and you will have full training provided. Your tasks will include:
- Complete the transaction using the Bready (Point of Sale System) to record sales.
- Greet customers with a smile, a warm greeting and a positive attitude.
- Offer tastings to introduce customers to different products.
- Listen to, interact with, and build rapport with customers.
- Offer customer reward cards to encourage customers to return.
- Upsell bakery products to customers.
- Discuss promotional product with customers.
Apprentice Baker – Ipswich QLD
Bakers Delight is also looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Apprentice Baker to join their team on a part-time journey. Full training will be provided for the candidate, and the store’s apprentices are hands on from day one. You will learn the art and science of baking through formal training, through one-on-one coaching and support from baking team members and through practice. You’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the bakery.
- Baking and presenting quality product to meet changing customer needs.
- Assisting the Production Manager with stock control and production expenses.
- Providing delightful customer service when required.
- Learning new skills and products.
Qualified Baker – Mount Gravatt QLD
If you are already on your baking journey, you may apply for this position. The role is designed for a skilled baker to mix and bake, someone to show initiative and drive, someone who is focused on bettering their future and committing to the team and lifestyle. Check out the requirements below:
- Cert 3 in retail baking and have your own car.
- Be enthusiastic and a quick learner.
- Keep a clean appearance.
- Fit into the team environment.
- Be passionate about everything you do.
To access these and several other opportunities, just go to au.indeed.com and search for Bakers Delight. Once on the page, you can select the job that best suits you to see all information available, including work hours and salaries. Good luck!
Source: au.indeed.com | Images: parkscentre.com.au/ bakersdelight.co.nz