Among the essential positions of a supermarket, department stores and even small businesses are those of logistics personnel. This is the professional who can be responsible for keeping the shelves always full and organized, receiving goods, packages, preparing orders, managing stock and much more. If you plan on working in any of those roles, find out more below.
Warehouse workers are in charge of much of the inventory in a business. They deal directly with the merchandise, storing shelves, receiving shipments and taking inventory, among other responsibilities. Without a warehouse worker, merchandise would not be organised, items would not be shipped, and other sectors of the company would be negatively affected.
With that in mind, it is important to remember that a warehouse worker who is able to do his job effectively and efficiently will improve not just warehouse activities, but the entire store or company. Therefore, it is necessary to attract the right candidates for the various functions that may be present in this type of job.
In the repository function of supermarkets, pharmacies and other stores in general, the main function is to restore the products on the shelves, keeping them always organised and supplied. In addition, it also depends on the repository to withdraw the stock products that need to go to the point of sale.
For package handlers, duties include: physically loading, unloading and/or sorting packages of different sizes and weights, scanning, placing packages, as well as other activities, always safely and efficiently. Shifts may vary depending on the volume of the warehouse packages and commercial needs, therefore, it is necessary to have availability of schedules.
The candidate can also work with customer service completing assigned tasks related to the receipt and flow of goods to the sales floor. This will be accomplished by unloading trailers, pulling pallets to the ground, and assisting in merchandise processing in a safe and clean environment. This associate will function as part of a team to strategically plan and execute duties based on workload and operational functions. See some of the job opportunities available:
- Warehouse Team Member The Good Guys Tamworth NSW
- Warehouse Storeperson Harvey Norman Port Kennedy WA
- Warehouse Storeperson Freedom Furniture Kotara NSW
- Warehouse Associate (Inbound) Lululemon Melbourne VIC
- Store Person – Full Time – Chemist Warehouse Macgregor Chemist Warehouse Macgregor QLD
- Casual Warehouse – Lismore Fantastic Furniture Lismore NSW
- Warehouse – Hobart Fantastic Furniture Moonah TAS
- Warehouse Assistant Adecco Brisbane QLD
- Warehouse Operator – Multiple Opportunities Komatsu Australia Welshpool WA
- Customer Service & Warehouse Roles Smartways Logistics Gladesville NSW
- Casual Warehouse – Marion Fantastic Furniture Western Australia
- Warehouse Operations Clerk Qube Victoria
- Warehouse Operator – Townsville CSR Group Townsville QLD
- Warehouse Trainee Downer Group Maryborough QLD
- Warehouse Worker Level 2 Sandvik Kalgoorlie WA
Additionally, it is also worth remembering that professional tasks depend on the size and type of establishment. In general, working as a warehouse manager, stockman, packer, among other positions, the employee may also be responsible for:
- Give entry and exit of goods in stock;
- Exchange goods or go through the process of returning the product;
- Put labels;
- Request the purchase of products necessary to maintain the minimum stock;
- Prepare reports;
- Do the pricing research;
- Check the expiration date of the products on the shelves, and more.
Interested? With thousands of job opportunities available in the sector throughout Australia, you can find the vacancy that best suits your professional profile. For the candidate to perform his function correctly, here we analyse some qualities most valued by companies:
- Be agile;
- Guarantee the cleanliness of the products and the environment;
- Know how to work in a team;
- Handling equipment such as forklifts and ladders;
- Pay attention to the work environment and tasks;
- Be careful in the performance of your duties;
- Be dynamic and show honesty.
To apply for more than 3,000 job opportunities in the sector in various regions of Australia, access the employment portal es.indeed.com and search for “Warehouse” to see the complete list of vacancies for warehouse vacancies, operator, clerk, packer and many other positions. Good luck!
Source: au.indeed.com | Images: pikwizard.com/ whatyourbossthinks.com