Almost 50 years since Roger Drake purchased his first supermarket in 1974, Drakes Supermarkets has now become the largest independent grocery retailer in Australia. While we’ve grown from one store to more than 60 stores across South Australia and Queensland, Drakes Supermarkets has retained the same values since day one.
- Wyndham Destinations offers great job opening for room attendant, check it out
- Find out how to apply for housekeeper job opportunity offered by Royal Albert Hotel
- See now how to apply for receptionist opportunity offered by Four Seasons
Our mission at Drakes is to provide our customers with exceptional service, value for money, a great range and an outstanding shopping experience. To achieve this, we acknowledge that our customers are the most important people in our business.
We value long-term supplier relationships, and our company’s strength lies in operating on the principles of a family business, and supporting local manufacturers and suppliers.
We will always support local, and all profits remain in Australia. It’s the Drakes way.
Drakes Supermarkets first store opened in 1974 at Mitcham in South Australia, and has since expanded to become South Australia’s largest independent supermarket chain.The majority of Drakes Supermarkets are operated as Foodland (South Australia) or IGA franchises.
We’re on a mission! As the largest independent grocery retailer in Australia, Drakes Supermarkets is expanding to provide more high-quality shopping experiences for our customers.
Working as a part of an enthusiastic team, applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
- Job vacancy available by Quest Whyalla hotel, see how to apply for housekeeper opportunity
- Excellent job opportunity for housekeeping room attendant offered by Shangri-La hotel in Sydney
- Fresh food retail knowledge
- Experience in people management
- Expertise in leading and managing staff
- Ordering and cost control expertise
- Accurate team rostering will be advantageous
- Passion and enthusiasm, with a very “hands on” approach
- Unparalleled commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with both team members and management
- Strong leadership and delegation skills
- Ability to coach, train and performance manage team members
- Commitment to work health and safety standards
To succeed within our organisation, applicants must be able to:
- Display a passion for fresh food within the grocery retail industry
- Express a positive “can do” attitude
- Problem solve
- Lead by example
- Motivate a team
- Communicate effectively with management, team members, customers and external stakeholders
Source: Drakes / Indeed | Image: BeachHead Group / Dematic