If you are currently looking for a job opportunity to make extra money during the last weeks of 2020, you’ll find some of the best offers are at Australian supermarkets. Renowned supermarkets and grocery chains like Cornetts, Woolworths, and Drakes are now opening new vacancies due to the Christmas campaign. Check out more information below.
Until the coronavirus hit, daily chores like going to the pharmacy or the supermarket were done in a simple, fast way. Whereas now, with the world been caught by a second wave of the virus, routine tasks are to be executed with caution, and every step counts when it comes to our health.
- You may also be interested in: WEHI opens vacancies for researcher officers, software developers, data consultants, and more
In this scenario, supermarket personnel, pharmacists, delivery workers, and many other groups have proven to be vital for the population to relatively maintain their living standards. On the front line of the pandemics, these essential workers make sure others will have their supplies most safely.
Therefore, if you are willing to work in one of the jobs we show you today, you will receive the necessary training to be safe during your work hours. Here are some of the supermarkets offering jobs around Australia:
This independent grocery chain has over 30 stores across Queensland. With unities located from Oakey to Cooktown, and as far west as Longreach, Cornetts Supermarket offers quality fresh vegetables and fruits, premium cut meats, and a selected variety of brands at competitive prices.
Besides, the chain favors Queensland farmers where possible, encouraging local producers and employing over 1500 locals throughout its stores to support the local Community. Check out some of the opportunities offered by Cornetts:
- Butcher – Qualified or Apprentice Role
- Butcher – Charleville
- Dairy Freezer Supervisor – Bamford Lane
- Produce Manager – Bamford Lane
- Retail Assistants and Supervisors
- You may also be interested in: Downer Group hires managers, business analysts, finance administrators and more in Australia
You might also be familiar with the privately owned Australian independent retail chain based in South Australia. Opened in 1974, Drakes Supermarkets has become one of Australia’s largest independent supermarket chains. Currently, the institution operates in 60 stores, located in South Australia, Queensland, and Northern Territory.
Drakes also has the option of online shopping. On its website, clients can choose their groceries from eight stores in South Australia and have them delivered comfortably at home. Check out some vacant jobs at Drakes:
- Service Deli Assistant Manager
- Post Office Manager – PPT 25 hours
- Department Assistant Managers (Samford)
- Gross Profit Verification Officer
- Bakery Manager
Finally, the chain of supermarkets and grocery Woolworths is an Australian group of stores owned by Woolworths Group. Since 1924, Woolworths forms a near-duopoly of Australian supermarkets with the supermarket chain Coles. Together, they account for almost 80% of the Australian market and are the biggest names of the sector. If you are looking for a job in Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, and several other locations, take a look at some opportunities at Woolworths:
- Qualified Butcher – Woolworths Plumpton
- Grocery Manager – Woolworths Roma
- Compliance Auditor/Specialist
- Bakery Manager – Woolworths Goulburn
- Night Fill Manager – Woolworths Cecil Hills
- Operations Manager – VIC/TAS
- Project Manager
- Store Manager – EG Fuel Lisarow
- Team Member – EG Fuel Group Forbes
- You may also be interested in: Platform engineers, software architects, business analysts and more: check out the latest opportunities in Australia
To access these and many more job offers, head to the work portal Seek and search for “Supermarkets”. You can also find more opportunities at the Woolworths Group on their official career website, that connects you to hundreds of stores and other facilities. Good luck!
Source: seek.com.au | Images: erinafair.com.au/ CareerOne